College Application Success Tip – Meet Application Deadlines
The most important tip when it comes to college applications is to Meet Deadlines!
As Thanksgiving passes, so do many college application deadlines. This point may be obvious, but sending in your application ahead of the deadline is even better. Demonstrating that you are organized and genuinely interested in the school by having your completed application in early can only help your cause. This will give college admissions officers more time to read and consider your application and will give you time to relax and enjoy the holiday season with your family and friends.
Tips to using time management tools to meet your deadlines:
Ask your important questions and lay out exactly what you need to do.
- Break down task into small pieces. Making small bite sized steps to reach your deadline is key.
- When is the application due?
- What do you need to print out?
- Who do you need to contact?
- Plan ahead. Now that you have broken down your tasks into small pieces, decide and date when you will do each. This will keep you on track towards reaching your end goal.
- Get organized. Being organized is crucial and with the technology age it allows anyone who is not naturally organized to stay organized. Let technology do that part for you. With smartphone, tablets and laptops syncing with Google calendar is a snap and cloud based documents can be shard easily with may collaborators.
- Be patient with yourself. Thee more patient you are, the more you can focus. The more you can focus the quicker the results will come! The reward will come at the end but you could also give yourself rewards through this process to keep you on track. Maybe at the end of each week or task give yourself a reward to keep you motivated and moving forward.